Protect Your Online Privacy!

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Promethee - Unrest (2015)

Artist: Promethee
Country: Geneva, Switzerland
Album: Unrest
Year: 2015
Genre: Metalcore

I'm not big on the metalcore scene at all, but I enjoy it sometimes.  Usually for nostalgic purposes, because metalcore/deathcore was about all some of my friends listened too in high school.  I was, however, the 16 year old handing out burned copies of Napalm Death's "Scum" to whoever would take it.  I've always had a passion for music, and spreading it to as many people as possible.  Granted, I haven't always done it in the most legal way, but I firmly believe that spreading any music does not harm the artist at all, in fact it greatly helps them.  I can't tell you how many band's albums I've downloaded "illegally" and went on to buy shirts or gone to their shows.  My music collection is legendary in my hometown, and I regularly give sick shit to people that ask for it, or if an unknown band is bad ass i'll just give it out.  With that being said, Promethee's self titled EP was one of those unknown's that I tried to spread to as many people as possible.  That was back in 2010, so as soon as I saw a new full length by them, I checked it out immediately.  There is no singing in this, but it's just not heavy enough to venture into being called deathcore.  It is some sick ass shit though, further proving that foreign metalcore should not be overshadowed by bands from the US.  While everyone else is jamming the new Atreyu album, put this better shit on instead.  Check it out, support them, and thanks for listening to me ramble.

-earthworm jim



No comments:

Post a Comment